To assist Ministries, Departments and Regional Administrations in the efficient and effective development and utilisation of their Human Resources, so as to implement Government policies.
- The development, formulation, coordination and implementation of policy for planning, managing, monitoring and evaluating training and development activities in the Public Service.
- The planning, monitoring, evaluating and advising on staff development activities across the public service.
- The supporting of the process of developing training policies and strategies by providing information and advice to senior management and to the training and development committees.
- The administration of all awards and scholarships funded by the Government of Guyana and Donor Agencies. (Undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses)
- The advising on the effective utilisation of the scholarship awards and ensuring that the awards reflect pplicy and sectorial priorities.
- The continuous appraisal of training programmes against training requirements.
- The long-term forecasting of and planning for future training needs relevant to the development of Guyana.
- The provision of functional advice and guidance to Ministerial / Departmental trainers and promoting and stimulating interest in training and development at all levels.
- The provision of adequate library services for the Public Sector.